Sarah Hinrichs reviews a lot of titles for Reedsy Discovery, but she underlines Master Wings’ new title, Lita & Jean: Memoirs of Two Generations of Military Women, as one of her few “all must read.”
Hinrichs writes that the book is not only “frustrating and heartbreaking to read,” but also a “shining light.” Lita & Jean is a great book club pick, as it covers a range of topics with candor and confidence, poking readers into introspection and setting the record and reference straight.
Below, we have pulled together several questions to help kickstart discussions on Master Wings’ newest publication:
- Do you identify more with Lita or with Jean?
- Have you ever considered joining the Armed Forces? If so, which branch of service? Why?
- What questions would you ask the authors?
- What surprised you in the book?
- How have you dealt with pressure or criticism from your family?
- Has this book changed the way you view the Catholic Church? The military? Women in the military?
- If you had to change careers today, what would your new career be?
- What do you think the main message of this book is?
- What is the worst injury you’ve had, and why was it the worst?
- If you were going to make this into a movie, who would you cast as Lita and who would play Jean?
- What was your favorite/least favorite part of the book?
- Who can you turn to for support?
- If you could follow in anyone’s footsteps, whose footsteps would you follow?
- Which chapter or moment resonated with you the most?
Learn more about Lita and Jean in their author interview, where they share the process of writing the book and their goals for readers.
If you are interested in ordering bulk copies of this book for your book club, or would like for Lita and Jean to speak at an event, please reach out via email to discuss opportunities. Feel free to contact us.
We would love to hear any of your thoughts on these topics, or any additional questions that would be a good fit for our list!